Thursday 8 August 2013

Compassion.

Premise: The world we live in has so many people who keep asking why the heaven there are so many troubles in the world and as they do so men of compassion know 

that that God has solved the problems by creating them at such a time. Come out of your comfort and ever complaining zone and do something however small for such will make a difference.

The gorgeous color of Compassion.
What a beautiful day out in the blossom
Of the spectacular sunshine
Step by step as I luxuriate in my usual
rambling beside the Clarence lido
I can hear an unusual noise from the geese
The unusual noise is so loud n’ uniform
quite persistent hence enticing me to listen keenly
to the amazing gaggle in their what seems
to me like a cry for some urgent intervention

As the noise persists on I can hardly just
‘Accept it and move on’ as they say in politics
I end up seating on the stone wall at one end of the lido
facing the gaggle’s cry as if in an attempt
 to goggle it n’ check what the matter is with them
with time and with the growing persistence in their noise
I’m now certain that the noise has more to it than
The mere celebration I always watch them make

I see them helplessly yawn in deep hunger
The mums’ dads n’ the goslings are indeed
In deep need for someone to feed them
And as I slowly draw out my camera to picture their cry
a sharp spark of shame strikes me
From deep within and
 So I quickly abandon my mission to take pictures
 Of the poor n’ hungry birds

I watch them jump up and down
The entire flock has now turned restless and
I still sat helpless n’ helping them less  
How can I possibly help them in their tens in numbers?
Slowly and surrendering I face the heavens as if
To request for the left-over of Moses’ manna from Him
Who dwells up in the highest
As I browse the sky for a miraculous solution
I find myself uttering a prayer
For the birds – there is just so much I can offer for now

Whilst still gazing at the sky in prayer I can hear
From behind where I’m sat some
Soft n’ slow well calculated footsteps approaching
 As the footsteps get closer I conclude my prayer
And in deep expectation I turn round as if to check out
For Moses with the manna from above

Here comes an old chap the age my grandpa
- who is nearly a century old now-
Slow but sure he continues to make his steps
 Towards the now entirely desperate gaggle
With his bag full of what seems to be bird food
As my now tearful yet joyful eyes stare at his kindness
The birds are already starting to rally near him reminding
me of the days of old in the Kiambu high dining hall at lunch time

he distributes the food to the gaggle with so much mastery
and fabulous tenderness to all as he smiles
at the now calm n’ beautiful flock
yes it seems they all know him and his love
for them and he too seems to know them so well
as I can hear his soft voice repeatedly saying
“Sorry I came a little bit late”
God bless the old man for his kind acts,
For like the sunshine and soft showers merge
To give birth to the beautiful rainbow
So the cry of the poor n’ hungry gaggle merge with
The benevolence of the old and caring man
To bring forth
     ‘The gorgeous colour of
Compassion.’

N J G K 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment